Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

CTS T56 in a C10

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS T56 in a C10

Hello all. I have the chance to buy a LS6 with a T56 out of a CTS. I need to have the shifter in the forward position like this guy did here(I know its a different style T56, but its the forward shifter area that I need) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=300892.

I will be running a two piece drive shaft as well. So is this as simple a removing the old CTS shifter and and putting in a new shifter in that location and making a new drive shaft with the correct yoke for that output shaft? What else is involved if it is not that simple?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:56 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You will need the slip section in the driveline.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The CTS-V shift mechanism is very similar to your example. You might need to do some clearancing to the shift rails as they protrude slightly beyond the mechanism and might create issue with a mid shift base.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You can go on ebay and look for core shifters.com I believe. You can pull the cts-v shifter off and drop in a shifter from the above supplier. I have never had any clearance issues with the rails sticking past the offset lever. It's as simple as drop it in and go. Oh, and figure your driveshaft issue.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
You can go on ebay and look for core shifters.com I believe. You can pull the cts-v shifter off and drop in a shifter from the above supplier. I have never had any clearance issues with the rails sticking past the offset lever. It's as simple as drop it in and go. Oh, and figure your driveshaft issue.
Awesome. I have seen those on ebay, I will have to pick up one of those. I did get the CTS LS6/T56 combo and should have it here this weekend.

One of the members on here showed an adapter for the driveline, so I will have to get in touch with them and get that all sorted.

Quick Reply: CTS T56 in a C10