Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Really odd issue when bleeding Tick master

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Really odd issue when bleeding Tick master

So last week I installed the Tick master I received and started bleeding it with a buddy.

We started by bleeding it with the line unhooked from the slave, following the sticky in this section about "bench" bleeding these things on the car before bleeding through the slave. Installed the master empty but it built up pressure super fast and didn't seem to have much air in it.

All seemed to be going perfect. Had a rock hard pedal with the check valve closed, Bled it three times, then all of a sudden totally lost all pressure. Peddle just flopped up and down by hand like nothing. Pulled it all out of the car and with the reservoir still attached you could push the plunger in by hand easily even..just zero resistance.

Called Tick and they said it sounded like I blew out the master somehow, said to send it to them, so I did.

They called me today to say the master is perfectly fine, holds pressure for them and nothing is wrong with the unit at all.

Any ideas? My first though is maybe something went wrong with the reservoir? But there was zero leakage of fluid anywhere at all from reservoir or its line, or anywhere else for that matter.

Was super careful to never let the thing get empty (topped it off after each bleed, never got low hardly at all)

My buddy did a 3 count before letting the pedal back up each time I closed the check valve back up, so can't see how we could have let a bunch of air back in or something.

Anybody had this happen? It was really odd, even more so now that Tick says the master tested just fine and we didn't blow it out.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Motorboater

anybody?
Old 10-03-2014, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you check an see if rod fell off the pedal
Old 10-03-2014, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bled mine alot when I installed the Tick MC. Like a whole bottle to make sure. I even had my wife pump while I cracked the Tick speed bleeder just to make sure the check valve was holding. I did this at least 3-4 times. Why the pedal flopped sounds like what Captain_Stabbin said. Don't recall ever reading anyone still had air and the pedal fell. How old is your slave? Seen any signs leaking out the bottom of the tranny where that hole is?
Old 10-04-2014, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Make sure you clean the reservoir and tubing that goes to it. When I installed my Tick MC I had a bunch of crud in my fluid and I could easily see how it might clog up the tube.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
I bled mine alot when I installed the Tick MC. Like a whole bottle to make sure. I even had my wife pump while I cracked the Tick speed bleeder just to make sure the check valve was holding. I did this at least 3-4 times. Why the pedal flopped sounds like what Captain_Stabbin said. Don't recall ever reading anyone still had air and the pedal fell. How old is your slave? Seen any signs leaking out the bottom of the tranny where that hole is?
Slave is brand new. No leakage was happening.

Originally Posted by Captain_Stabbin
you check an see if rod fell off the pedal
Def didn't happen. And like I said when I pulled it all back out you could hold the whole thing in your hand and work the plunger even.

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Make sure you clean the reservoir and tubing that goes to it. When I installed my Tick MC I had a bunch of crud in my fluid and I could easily see how it might clog up the tube.
Yeah..something with the reservoir is the only thing I can think of too. I will clean it all well and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Really odd issue when bleeding Tick master