Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Slave bleeding help (do I just need to pull the t56)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Slave bleeding help (do I just need to pull the t56)

Do I have any chance of getting this to turn, or do I just need to start wrenching?

Long story short, new scattershield, was a pita to get lined up, but now I can't get a wrench on the bleeder for the life of me. Or a socket. It seems some folks grind on the QuickTime to make more room, and the smart ones install a speed bleeder. I am, not them (yet).

When I take the line out of the slave, the pedal is rock hard. So I think the upper circuit is good, but there is air in the new slave.

Advice appreciated. This is the last thing keeping me from driving my car.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There should be a sticky that says any time you have the trans out of you car install a damn speed bleeder line.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

given the orientation of the slave cylinder and position of the bleeder screw... when installed in car and how car is orientated, the bleeder on slave may not be highest point in the slave so you will always have an air pocket in there no matter how you bleed it or whether there's a speed bleeder hose on it. and if you can't get anything on the bleeder then yeah it sounds like u need to pull the trans.

if you have a quick disconnect fitting on the slave that does not leak when disconnected,
and the plug fitting on the end of the hose from the clutch master which does not leak when disconnected.... then why don't you bench bleed both prior to install?
you bench bleed the slave so there's brake fluid in it and NO AIR, then compress the slave with bleeder open then close bleeder. there's no air in it and it's compressed so you can install trans. then you just connect your clutch hydraulic line and top off master for what little fluid gets drawn down by the expanding slave.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess you also have this option.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...under-car.html

Quick Reply: Slave bleeding help (do I just need to pull the t56)