Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SRT10 ram t56

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SRT10 ram t56

anyone used this transmission before? any advice on swaping it into a 3rd gen fbody? I have the ls bellhousing and it seems to bolt up just fine, not sure on the input shaft, been told its just a matter of turning down the pilot portion of the input shaft. have no idea on what shifter or throwout bearing to use? I have the stock srt tb.

any info or help would be great, thank you adam
Old 01-08-2015, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what Iv seen on the viper trans, you'll need to machine the input and change tail shaft housings to the f body one. but you may get away with it. but personally I think the viper shifter is to far forward and im 6ft4in
don't know if the truck trans is the same
Old 01-08-2015, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does it fit the center counsel alright? And can I use a camaro style shifter on it? Also it appears that there is another location farther back where I can mount a shifter, on the tail housing but I'll have to check. And why did you need to change the tail housing? Is it a fit ment issue or something with the speedo or output shaft? I will be using a gps speedo box and having a custom driveshaft built so unless it's a fit ment issue I should be alright with the tail

Quick Reply: SRT10 ram t56