Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help with t56 tans angle 70 chevele

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with t56 tans angle 70 chevele

Hi what is the best angle I need to put my t56, it's in a 70 chevelle ls3 with all stock rear end I checked the angle on the rear end with angle finder and it's at 0 degrees, what should I put the rear of my t56 at I have it in the car now with trans tunnel cut and a Jack I just need to get it at the correct angle to mount the cross member, I don't want any vibration. Can you guys help me out. I jacked the rear of the trans up as high as I could get it to where the long tube headers are almost touching the floor under the car. I'm useing holly mounts and stock motor mounts. I just purchased energy mount plates and energy motor mounts and that should drop the front of the motor down in the front about a half of a inch. With the mounts I have in there now the holley and the stock motor mounts when I Jack the trans to where the headers have just enough room where there not hitting my angle Is 5 degrees. Help me out I'm trying to get the correct working angle and mount my crossmember.
Thanks guys.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not so much the angle of the trans and motor but the relationship between the trans and motor and the rear end. You dont want them to be the same. A ujoint needs an offset to run correctly. Check websites like Dennys driveshafts for details and graphics on how to set driveshaft angles.

Quick Reply: help with t56 tans angle 70 chevele