Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch is stuck..

Old 02-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch is stuck..

Sorry if this has already been posted, i did try doing multiple searches.
I have a 00 camaro. I was trying to race a trans am when mid race my clutch go stuck to the floor. I have read threads but i didnt know if it was the same as my situation. When i try pulling up the pedal i had to use alot of force and now its stuck in the up position.
I cannot press the clutch down more than like half an inch or so.
just trying to see if any one has had this problem or maybe if someone could maybe guide me in the right direction.
Slave cylinder was replaced recently, it was an autozone part not sure if that matters
Old 02-06-2015, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

I would check the clutch master cylinder. If it were the line/slave/clutch or pressure plate I doubt it would keep the pedal from moving.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. Do you think the MC would actually keep the pedal from traveling?
Old 02-06-2015, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

If you said it was just stuck in the up position only then my answer would have been different but since you said it was stuck down and now stuck up then I think the only thing it could be is the clutch master has failed. If you've ever taken one apart the is a bore that a piston slides in and out of to build and release pressure. If the seal on the piston failed or something came apart it could seize up in the bore. I suppose it could also be the pedal/rod assembly but I've never seen that happen.
One thing you can do to narrow it down is to undo the line between the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder and see if it frees up the pedal. If the pedal is still stuck then it has to be the clutch master cylinder or possibly the pedal/rod assembly.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Did your clutch line come loose or detached or something? If it does, it won't let fluid move at all
Old 02-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Teching In

So, Just an update. I replaced my master cylinder and when i was bleeding the line and testing the clutch, the line came off because i didnt push it in on all the way. Now that i go back and think about removing the clutch line from master to slave it was very easy to take off.

I wish i owuld have seen your message earlier Darth but oh well now i got a new MC and SC that i wont need to worry about
And thanks LLLosingit as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch is stuck..