Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need length on this cheap POS "CAM798" slip yoke

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need length on this cheap POS "CAM798" slip yoke

Just deleted my other thread because hidden under dirt and trans fluid I found a part number for this slip yoke that blew up. Its CAM798. I tried searching for that part number to find another to get the length off of it but instead I cam across countless threads of other guys with PST driveshafts with the same slip yoke that blew up on them too. Some guys are even saying that its a cheap Chinese knock off.

I'm a little heated that myself and many other have driveshafts from PST rated at over 1000hp but this cheap slip yoke blew up and caused a lot of other damage. But if anyone has one laying around that could take a measurement from center line of u joint to end that would be great
Old 03-09-2015, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I understand, you're looking for a replacement yoke for your DS with 1350 u-joints? This thread has some part numbers for updated Strange yokes for the T56.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...haft-yoke.html
I'm running a Strange 3" cromo DS with the updated Spicer yoke with no issues. I googled the two Strange p/n (U1662F and U1667F) and didn't come up with much. Maybe you could call Strange to see if they can set you up with either the Spicer or billet yoke.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to have to check that thread out. And yea the one that broke is a 1350, 27 spline, and measured the seal diameter at 1.503". I've found multiple slip yokes with all three of the same dimensions but the lengths are all different and I obviously cant get the length off my old one because its in a million pieces.

But hopefully that thread will get me somewhere. Thanks

Quick Reply: Need length on this cheap POS "CAM798" slip yoke