Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch won't fully disengage

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch won't fully disengage

I just did my t56 swap on my 1999 firebird and the clutch bleed great, drove it for about a week and then it started getting hard to get into gear so I bleed it some more and nothing soo I went to auto zone and replaced both master cylinder and slave cylinder. Now I feel like iv got it bleed but it stel won't go into gear I'm out of ideas I keep reading it stel mit have air in the system but I can't seem to get anymore out I even tryed the mityvac do you guys think it could be a pressure plate issue? Or am I just missing something and need to bleed more iv tryed just about every bleeding method I can find
Old 03-23-2015, 09:10 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

There is a sticky that tells how to bleed a Tick master. Granted, you don't have a tick, but read the sticky and try bleeding the way it is described - by separating and bleeding at the check valve. That will at least take air in the master out of the equation. Then, reconnect and bleed out the slave.

That said, I've had very bad luck with stock type masters and upgraded to a tick master. It's really expensive, but it solves so many clutch issues on these F-bodies

Quick Reply: clutch won't fully disengage