Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default noise

hey guys, can anyone tell me why I have a noise when the clutch peddle is full out, its not there when I press it to the floor, its like a whining noise, its a t56, with quick time bell, tick performance adjustable master and monster stage 3 clutch.thanks
Old 05-18-2015, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If it's the typical issue with many T56's, stock or modified (or any manual transmission for that matter), then neutral gear rollover noise/rattle/whirring. The lightly loaded transmission gears make this noise up until 2000-2500 rpm. It's often most obvious in neutral when the radio is off and the windows up. Not considered a problem if it goes away at those higher rpms. The stronger the engine, the more force transferred into the transmission from the input shaft. Some transmission are built tighter/quieter than others. And the tune of the engine along with the clutch assembly plays a role in noise transference as well. I would think that with the silencing the factory puts into stock shifters and clutches, that following an upgrade could be the first time rattles become really apparent to the driver.

http://www.rsgear.com/articles/2008_08.pdf

Last edited by Firebrian; 05-18-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Quick Reply: noise