Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 help clutch not disengaging

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 help clutch not disengaging

99 ws6 all stock. 80k installed a new clutch as my slave or master cylinder have out and under nitrous pulls the clutch would slip. Bought a zoom clutch with pressure plate. New slave and master. Installed the new parts and didn't 4th gear would grind and pop out. Which hasn't happend prior to the new parts install. And shuttered a little when taking off. Over the 500 mile break in period the shuttering got worse and got to were the clutch wouldn't disengage fully when pressing the peddle. First thought was air in the line so I used the mity vac pulled a vacuum on the resivior and got nothing even tried the old fashion method of pumping the peddle. Before tearing it back apart I wanted to get some input. 4th gear pops out 2nd is elusive hard as hell to get in gear as the clutch isn't disengaging all the way. Wondering if maybe master have out (stock replacment ) master) maybe I should of installed a shim behind the slave??
Old 05-23-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

chances are that the clutch needs to be shimmed. I hate to ask, but did you measure? There's a thread on how, and it's pretty easy.

Another thought is the stock masters suck, as do their replacements. But a brand new one should be able to move a stock-ish clutch.

I think you're right and it needs a shim.

Quick Reply: T56 help clutch not disengaging