Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Slave cylinder questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Slave cylinder questions

So I got my clutch kit in and was wondering about a slave cylinder, I know the GM ones used to say AP on them, but couldn't find any today that said that. I know they recently switched to Argentina made ones I think or something from the searching I've done, but not too sure still. Now, here's where I'm confused, the ones I looked at today were the metal bases that showed they were the silver bases just that these were painted black. My question is how can you tell if you're looking at a "plastic" slave? Is the whole unit plastic or just the top ring part around the metal sleeve?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
So I got my clutch kit in and was wondering about a slave cylinder, I know the GM ones used to say AP on them, but couldn't find any today that said that. I know they recently switched to Argentina made ones I think or something from the searching I've done, but not too sure still. Now, here's where I'm confused, the ones I looked at today were the metal bases that showed they were the silver bases just that these were painted black. My question is how can you tell if you're looking at a "plastic" slave? Is the whole unit plastic or just the top ring part around the metal sleeve?
I bought one made by Luk:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...nid=516&jpid=0

and it is working great. It said AP on it.

Andrew
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
I bought one made by Luk:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...nid=516&jpid=0

and it is working great. It said AP on it.

Andrew
That's exactly what I needed to know. FYI if any of yall have an advance auto by y'all you can show them that price and they'll not only match it, they'll beat it and ship it free.

Quick Reply: Slave cylinder questions