Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Got a couple t56 questions

Old 07-29-2015, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Got a couple t56 questions

hey everyone. so i was given a rx7 project and it came with a bunch of stuff. couple trans, diffs etc..

found what looks like most of a t56 trans but not sure. was wondering if you guys can tell me what i might need or how much i can sell this stuff for so i can get a t56?

its been at my trans shop for like amonth (theyve been busy and i told them i wast ina big hurry) but when i spoke to him last he said i should probably just look for a used trans at this point. said he'd let me know by the end of the week whats needed.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats quite a mix of parts. Looks like they were left out in the rain. There will be sone clean-up required. i see the most of two sets of parts. Not sure of the gears, I don't think there is a full set. There are no fasteners or retaining rings. There is no front adapter. There is also a bonus, non T56 fork in there.
The 3/4 forks are aluminum, you will want to get an iron 3/4. The one interlock collar I see is broken.
Thats what I see
Old 07-31-2015, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so prolly better off tryint o sell the pieces and get a used one at this point?
Old 07-31-2015, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So he says they haven't got to look at it yet still. Said they looked real quick and think three case us a t45? Said supposedly by the end of next week I'll know. He did say he had a freshly rebuilt t56 fir $1900. I'm still saving money for a Trans.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got a couple t56 questions