Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Help McLeod RXT Clutch disengagement issue - Need Helpful Advise

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help McLeod RXT Clutch disengagement issue - Need Helpful Advise

Hey guys,

Im hoping someone can shine some light on the showstopper on my install right now. This has been driving me effin nuts and trying to make a deadline to DMV with out of state car....

Im Having issues with a new install of a Mcleod RXT , Mcleod steel flywheel , new GM slave. Clutch is not fully disengaging, with pedal fully compressed car wants to creep before fully in gear. I have bleed system over and over again with 3 different methods including submersion of tick bleeder fitting in brake fluid more than 1 hour probably about 100+ pedal compressions and even tried mighty vac. Same symptoms still exists.

Im running 6.0 with new t56 magnum new rxt clutch, new mcleod steel flywheel, new gm slave, tick remote bleeder line with the tilton master cylinder part #75-812U which is 13/16 bore right now.

Prior to install i checked all my clearances and ended up with a .113 shim from tick, i just disassembled everything to see if the floater disk was binding but it wasnt....i was able to spin floater disc freely and smoothly.....

At this point i believe i do have a hydralic issue i just dont know where to start.

I did just read a thread of a member here who had my same symptoms all he did was buy a tick performance master cylinder and fixed his problem im leaning that direction but was hoping to not have to fork over the $340 for a new clutch master

Anybody who can help me with some helpful advise or info based on the same symptoms described above would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Need Help McLeod RXT Clutch disengagement issue - Need Helpful Advise