Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod RXT on standard flywheel?

Old 01-21-2016, 06:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McLeod RXT on standard flywheel?

Hey guys.
Does the RXT bolt up to a standard ls1, etc, flywheel?

I have a LSA with a t56 and the factory twin plate appears to foul on the bellhousing.

I have a RXT laying around and can get an 8bolt to ls1 (clutch) flywheel fairly cheap. Just wondering if it'll mount up to that as last time I asked, i was pointed to buy a McLeod flywheel.

Thanks, Ryan.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Anyone know if this clutch works with standard flywheel?
Old 01-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Mcleod adapter ring will bolt on to a OE FW, the issue with using a stock FW is the bottom disc usually overhangs the FW cutout by 1/16" or so ..

It may cause some clutch drag issues when the disc gets worn, When I used a RXT on a stock FW I measured the overhang then used a dremel and ground down the inner edge so it would wear without cutting that ridge.

I switched to a Mcleod FW and the lower disc still overhung however it wasn't nearly as bad as the OE FW.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmashBox
Hey guys.
Does the RXT bolt up to a standard ls1, etc, flywheel?

I have a LSA with a t56 and the factory twin plate appears to foul on the bellhousing.

I have a RXT laying around and can get an 8bolt to ls1 (clutch) flywheel fairly cheap. Just wondering if it'll mount up to that as last time I asked, i was pointed to buy a McLeod flywheel.

Thanks, Ryan.
Originally Posted by drive_55_not
The Mcleod adapter ring will bolt on to a OE FW, the issue with using a stock FW is the bottom disc usually overhangs the FW cutout by 1/16" or so ..

It may cause some clutch drag issues when the disc gets worn, When I used a RXT on a stock FW I measured the overhang then used a dremel and ground down the inner edge so it would wear without cutting that ridge.

I switched to a Mcleod FW and the lower disc still overhung however it wasn't nearly as bad as the OE FW.

This statement is pretty accurate. It will "work" but it is not a best case scenario. Save yourself the headaches that can come from reusing a flywheel and buy the McLeod one that you know works. By the time you pay to resurface one, buy shim kits (because you machined material off and you have to make up that gap for the slave cylinder to work), and take the time to measure it and put it in and out several times in some cases you have already wasted more time than money it cost to just replace the thing. I don't know about you, but my time is more valuable than that and the headaches that can come from it.

Link To McLeod Products On Our Site - IN STOCK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: McLeod RXT on standard flywheel?