Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Lt1 t56 problems

Old 02-14-2016, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 t56 problems

Having trouble with clutch fork. When i put the motor and trans back in the car the clutch fork was on the t/o bearing and everythingeverything looked normal. So i went to push the clutch in and it was rock hard. So i went and checked out the fork and its wedged into the side of bellhousing and it looks like it rubbed against the pressure plate some. Any ideas what happened and what i can try to do. Im hoping i dont have to pull trans out. Finally got this car back together. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

you are describing something we can't see without pics...

you said you installed the fork right and now after pushing in clutch fork is not on right?

FWIW it is easier to slide on fork "right" with the tranny about 1/4"-1/2" away from bell housing. Slide fork on then push in tranny

when you pull the slave and spacer does it look like the pic attached with the end of fork about even with bell housing?
Attached Thumbnails Lt1 t56 problems-clutch-inst-8-clutch-fork.jpg  
Old 02-15-2016, 05:46 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Back the trans. off and inspect the throwout bearing.
You may have smashed it with the fork.

The fork has to be popped/clicked outwards.
Then, once the trans. is bolted to the bellhousing (or nearly bolted to it,) you push the fork onto the throwout bearing.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd
Back the trans. off and inspect the throwout bearing.
You may have smashed it with the fork.

The fork has to be popped/clicked outwards.
Then, once the trans. is bolted to the bellhousing (or nearly bolted to it,) you push the fork onto the throwout bearing.
Thanks for responding. The fork was actually behind the tob toward the trans side. I have no idea how it got wedged in there like that. When i tried to split the trans from bellhousing it wouldn't budge. Finally got enough room in there to put pry bars on eaxh side of bellhousing and pulled hard as hell and it popped lose. I should of took pics. Everything back together and good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lt1 t56 problems