Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Are LUK LSC265B same as GM 24264182 slave cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are LUK LSC265B same as GM 24264182 slave cylinder?

Are LUK LSC265B same as GM 24264182 slave cylinder?

They both havd AP and D951004 stamped on them I believe and look exactly the same.

LUK
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....361450&jsn=307

GM
http://www.improvedracing.com/manual...182-p-172.html

Last edited by Q3131A; 08-18-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:42 AM
TECH Regular

My factory clutch disc has LUK stamped on it. They're a huge manufacturer for OEM replacement parts along with valeo. The valeo slave i bought from rockauto has the exact same numbers cast on the housing base as my original gm unit.

Hard to say if they're the same or not. I imagine as with damn near everything its all made china.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the exact same thing, have the luk unit in my car, no problems whatsoever. I made a post/thread about it if you search my name. God bless rock auto.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whatsa347
Yes the exact same thing, have the luk unit in my car, no problems whatsoever. I made a post/thread about it if you search my name. God bless rock auto.
$100 to $170 cheaper than "original GM". Hopefully I don't need one now, just planning ahead for clutch change and addition of speed bleeder.

I love Rockauto. Found them years ago before they were well known, all over forums and tv commercials.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeahhhhh it's made my life easier for parts shopping.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Just put in order last night for 2 items.

Only problem I have is their website. I really like the set up until you get to exact part you need. That's were it goes down hill. Each choice has totally different descriptions or flat out lack of info. They need to spend some time cleaning it up. Put same specs in each item for easier comparison.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Q3131A
Just put in order last night for 2 items.

Only problem I have is their website. I really like the set up until you get to exact part you need. That's were it goes down hill. Each choice has totally different descriptions or flat out lack of info. They need to spend some time cleaning it up. Put same specs in each item for easier comparison.
I know this is an old thread but did you ever go with the luk slave and was it good? I'm facing the same decision thanks.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Teching In

@whatsa347 Old thread and all but was hoping you can answer my question, so you have the luk slave in your car with no issues? I keep hearing people telling me to go with GM then I read things like this. Thanks I already have a new luk slave just haven't Installed it yet out of fear of making a bad choice.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When you take out your old one, compare it to the new one, it's the exact same piece.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Thanks for responding 347; but I really wanted to know if you still have the luk slave installed in your personal car with no issues whatsoever? Before I go and spend more cash on the same thing basically.

Last edited by BrBottz; 03-06-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrBottz
Thanks for responding 347; but I really wanted to know if you still have the luk slave installed in your personal car with no issues whatsoever? Before I go and spend more cash on the same thing basically.
lol I'm not trying to sound like a dick but It's the EXACT SAME PIECE as what you'll find at your local dealership and what they sell online

Yes I was running mine until I had to replace it because my old fitting on my Corvette crapped out on me (the original one going on 3 swaps, it was getting old) and ordered the Dorman replacement, which, again, is the exact same piece as the GM and the one everyone else sells. Luk is the OEM manufacturer for GM, their clutches and parts are all OEM GM.

I promise you its fine, run it and don't worry, spend that money you save on a clutch line and be done with it!
Old 03-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Teching In

lol I'm not trying to sound like a dick but It's the EXACT SAME PIECE as what you'll find at your local dealership and what they sell online

Yes I was running mine until I had to replace it because my old fitting on my Corvette crapped out on me (the original one going on 3 swaps, it was getting old) and ordered the Dorman replacement, which, again, is the exact same piece as the GM and the one everyone else sells. Luk is the OEM manufacturer for GM, their clutches and parts are all OEM GM.

I promise you its fine, run it and don't worry, spend that money you save on a clutch line and be done with it!
Thanks a bunch!! I'm sticking with it. LS1tech is awesome glad I joined the site-Cheers
Old 03-09-2017, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When doing my t56 swap all of the gm parts I bought OEM from the dealer had the exact same stampings and part number castings as the ones I found at autozone.

That being said, the newer slave cylinders from autozone and aftermarket are black and have a c clip fitting. I've seen these sold at the dealer as well. You can use them however I suggest removing the punch pins and swapping the connectors from the old silver slave onto the newer black slave cylinder
Old 03-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Good info chryslerkid
Old 03-09-2017, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
When doing my t56 swap all of the gm parts I bought OEM from the dealer had the exact same stampings and part number castings as the ones I found at autozone.

That being said, the newer slave cylinders from autozone and aftermarket are black and have a c clip fitting. I've seen these sold at the dealer as well. You can use them however I suggest removing the punch pins and swapping the connectors from the old silver slave onto the newer black slave cylinder
The black **** fitting is what crapped out on me, went back to a regular one for my C5 and took all of 30 seconds to get my line back in.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chrysler kid

My Luk slave is silver looking with a gold fitting, can I just install as is or are you saying g to swap fittings from the unit on the car

Quick Reply: Are LUK LSC265B same as GM 24264182 slave cylinder?