Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 98 ss slp

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 98 ss slp

I can't get my clutch to bleed out I have used a mighty vac, done everything. I just can't get a firm pedal. Please any ideas.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try disconnecting your master cylinder connection and staring all over. Run a half bottle of fluid through the master by pressing a 1/4 extension on the end of the master hose. Once that is done, reconnect the master and try manually bleeding it again with 2 people. If you do the first part right, you should notice pedal pressure while you are manually bleeding. Then, finish off with mity vac inside the master reservoir with the right fitting. I personally dont go over 10 "vacuum because in scared of blowing seals but others go higher during this step. I hold the vacuum there for a min and then hit the vacuum release on the mity. Add fluid in the mity clear tubing leading into the master so that when you have vacuum built up, you can see the bubbles coming up within the mity tubing.

If the above doesn't work, you can possibly have a leaking master or slave cylinder. With the master disconnected and bled, you should have a ROCK SOLID pedal. If you don't, your master has a leak in.

If you have no leak in the master, and you have everything connected back up, you should be able to hold vacuum with your mity vac inside the master reservoir. If you cant hold vacuum and everything is connected properly, then I would say your slave is leaking.

Goodluck man, clutch hydraulics can be quite the pain in the ***. If everything works out, I would mity vac the master regularly depending how much you drive. Mine is good but seems like a hint of air mixes into the system over time so I do the mity vac just as piece of mind.

Quick Reply: T56 98 ss slp