Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Thought I had Seen it All

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wssix99
There's a fine line between a non-believer and a sick puppy just wants to see the carnage... Personally, I was thinking that the mouse would be no match for this and would vaporize - I missed the part about the nest. I think my mind tuned that out thinking something like THAT would never happen.

I'm sorry that natural selection chose your bell housing as laboratory. Amazing that the little bugger thought to build a nest in there. You'd think that a garage would have so many other more attractive places for a dumbass rodent to do that.

I wonder if car insurance would cover this?
I had no idea what was causing my clutch to feel different. It just didn't feel right and it was engaging almost at the top of the pedal and making a chirping noise which I can't stand. I like the clutch to be fully engaged at about 3/4 pedal and quiet.

I never considered whether or not insurance would cover it because I had no idea what the issue was, and certainly never imagined it was the result of rodent activity. At this point, all things considered, I'm not going to sift through the minutia of my HO and Auto to determine whether or not it might be covered. There's the deductible and me having done the work and the issue of determining the fair market value of the work, and then the issue of having made a claim that may have a negative effect on renewal rates and changing providers if necessary. Not worth it - to me, but a novel question none the less.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've cleaned dead mice and nests out of almost everywhere, but that's a new one to me.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Must have been a 5.0 fan

Quick Reply: Thought I had Seen it All