Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch issue

Old 02-16-2017, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch issue

I had an old mcleod adjustable master from 2004 with lots of abuse. It was starting to fail to i made the jump to a tick adjustable for my car. I currently have a mcleod original street twin clutch with a new oem slave with about 2k miles. I was hoping the master from tick would solve my high rpm shifts... it seems to be better but kind of a kit and miss... im kind of dissapointed. Anyone have any ideas? Its almost as if im locked out at high rpms
Old 02-18-2017, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bumpy!!
Old 02-23-2017, 06:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pozesd99'
I had an old mcleod adjustable master from 2004 with lots of abuse. It was starting to fail to i made the jump to a tick adjustable for my car. I currently have a mcleod original street twin clutch with a new oem slave with about 2k miles. I was hoping the master from tick would solve my high rpm shifts... it seems to be better but kind of a kit and miss... im kind of dissapointed. Anyone have any ideas? Its almost as if im locked out at high rpms
Sounds like you may need to adjust the master more, I have the same setup as you and the only problem I have is after a few hard runs the hydraulics seem to get overheated and the clutch pedal sticks to the floor. Did you bleed the hydraulics good, might have an air bubble in it.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did some more bleeding and adjusted the turn buckle... perfect now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch issue