Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Clutch Fork Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:00 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default T56 Clutch Fork Replacement

My clutch fork is missing the metal bracket in the back to hold the t-nut in place as it's engaged on to the throw out bearing. I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I can get another one from? I know Hawks sells a good replacement, but I'm seeking to find another one to keep from paying $200 or more for theirs. Not that I mind buying that one, just curious if anyone has a cheaper option out there.

Last edited by shadyredeyes; 03-23-2017 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 03-23-2017, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadyredeyes
My clutch fork is missing the metal bracket in the back to hold the t-nut in place as it's engaged on to the throw out bearing. I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I can get another one from? I know Hawks sells a good replacement, but I'm seeking to find another one to keep from paying $200 or more for theirs. Not that I mind buying that one, just curious if anyone has a cheaper option out there.
Being on the tech line i come across this question all the time.
The LT-1 T-56 original parts are becoming more and more scarce. If you can find the part you need it might be in your best interest to jump on it while its still available.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Shadey...

The LT1 T56 fork is a rare find now. Typically several hundred $ for a part that when available was about $90

Since it is just the metal clip part that broke you could take some flat bar metal stock the same thickness and metal type of that clip and bend/cut it to shape. Then punch out the rivet that holds the old one in and rivet in your new fabricated clip.

Or maybe the broken clip could be welded or salvaged

otherwise you will have to cruise ebay, etc for a used one at whatever $ the seller wants

Quick Reply: T56 Clutch Fork Replacement