Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help with wiring on a4 to m6 swap 02 z28

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with wiring on a4 to m6 swap 02 z28

So i am attempting a swap to m6. I am not sure how to go about the wiring. I have a write up for this however am still confused. i am told for my car with hood release to connect the orange wire with a black stripe to "the black wires". I feel this is a bit vague. where am i looking for the black wires. Under the dash or in the console area. Connect the purple with white stripe and the dark green. Like 10 shades of green on here. Which one is it. Where am i looking. under the dash or under the console. I understand many of these come off the six wire plug under the console but there are no instructions as to where exactly the splicing happens. If anyone can help id appreciate it. Please send pictures if you can and plenty of moral support.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You are better off searching the transmission section sticky threads.

Basically you will need to wire the brake pedal switch and the clutch switch to the shifter switch, you will also need to wire the reverse lights to the shifter switch.

It sounds like a pain but you can find the wiring diagram and it will make more sense

https://www.google.com/search?q=a4+w...ch.com&imgrc=_

Last edited by chrysler kid; 05-29-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

wish you would have posted this a week ago! im in the same boat as you except im the opposite. Im going t56 to an auto, we could have just swapped dash harnesses
Old 05-29-2017, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It would not be a time effective use to swap the harness. The diagrams make it seem complicated, but the hard part is really just transferring the printed diagram into your mind to think what wires you need.

I did my swap and also swapped to a manual engine harness, that too was a waste of time because you still need to wire the reverse light and all interior wiring to complete the swap. So basically I still need to manually add my reverse lights to the interior harness
Old 06-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

You're going to get more help over here. But make sure to read through the stickies.

Quick Reply: help with wiring on a4 to m6 swap 02 z28