Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch advise needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch advise needed!!!

The weather is about to break soon up here in Pgh so i need to get my machine ready. I noticed last year my clutch was shot. At the track on launches it would glaze really bad. I think it is time to replace the POS stock one.

So here is the deal I am not sure of which clutch kit to get. At first I wanted a Spec stage 2, then I was told some horror stories about them. I also heard many good things about them too. I am now looking at Ram Stage 3 clutches.

Right now the only mods I have is Borla and MTI lid. Fairly soon I plan on putting on some LT's and a underdrive pulley. Then there is a long shot in the far future heads/cam. But to be realistic just headers and pulley. I need too keep it low cost. I dont want to get junk but a good bang for your buck clutch that is good for mostly street driving with some track use a few times a year(like 5-6). I for sure want to keep the cost of the clutch under $380. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bics56
The weather is about to break soon up here in Pgh so i need to get my machine ready. I noticed last year my clutch was shot. At the track on launches it would glaze really bad. I think it is time to replace the POS stock one.

So here is the deal I am not sure of which clutch kit to get. At first I wanted a Spec stage 2, then I was told some horror stories about them. I also heard many good things about them too. I am now looking at Ram Stage 3 clutches.

Right now the only mods I have is Borla and MTI lid. Fairly soon I plan on putting on some LT's and a underdrive pulley. Then there is a long shot in the far future heads/cam. But to be realistic just headers and pulley. I need too keep it low cost. I dont want to get junk but a good bang for your buck clutch that is good for mostly street driving with some track use a few times a year(like 5-6). I for sure want to keep the cost of the clutch under $380. Any guidance would be appreciated.
I would get a spec 3I they have a even better one out now, has a diff. letter after the 3 ? Not sure what it is but the new spec 3 will do the trick,I don't think your gonna find a good set up for $380, but good luck anyway