Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Time to rid the A4!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to rid the A4!!!

got an '02 SS that i been wantin to sell due to the fact that its an A4. well doesnt look like anybody is gonna but it and ihave parts ready to install and im dyin to get them on but have put it off to try and sell it...welll im tired of waitin so i dreadfully plan to do a full-out trans swap!!! drivin an auto sux since my car is stock. you can have NO fun with it.

car is pretty much stock but has a few select bolt ons(full exhaust and all induction mods)

well i want to get me a good trans setup but i want somethin maybe just a hare over stock. stock would be fine as long as it is short shifted but i figure while im doin it i can throw in a few hundred bux more and get a few extra goodies(or better stuff in this case).

its a daily driver so i want it to perform well and be very very reliable.
maybe just a stock trans with maybe a slight better clutch but none of that STIFF clutch kinda stuff and maybe a good shifter of some sort.

i want the whole deal...so what all parts am i gonna need(i mean ALL the parts down to the very last thing) and how much would a good setup be???

nuthin fancy but a lil better than stock...shoot me in the rite direction!!!

thanks
Old 07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

T T T
Old 07-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1LE LS1
T T T
check out the sticky at the top of this forum. I payed about 1500 total with everything from the tranny to the fluids. I got a reasonable deal, shop around, and search this forum. There are tons of threads regarding this issue.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

How much you sellin your trans for?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any rebuilt T56 will do. Search the t56 swap sticky at the top of this area for all the items you will need and where to get them. I just completed the swap and went with the LS6 clutch kit. This should be more than enough for you, since I am putting down ~400rwhp and it is holding my power just fine.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Though if/when you do the swap, the last thing you want to do is re-do something after you are done with the swap...I highly recommend you get a rebuilt T56, brand new hydraulics (stock will do), and a brand new clutch.

Quick Reply: Time to rid the A4!!!