Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch time. A few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch time. A few questions...

OK, I'm getting ready to replace the clutch in my '01 Z. I've decided on the RAM Powergrip HD. I know I'll need the clutch (duh) I'm also figuring on...

-Billet Steel Flywheel (any suggestions on brand?)
-New Slave
-Drill Mod

Here's another question, do I need to replace the master, or should I leave it alone?

Everything works fine, it's just that the ZO6 stocker, my bolt ons and DRs is giving me too much slippage. Please let me know if I'm forgetting anything.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:46 PM
wrencher

I'd suggest an adjustable master. It is nice to be able to move the release point/ remove pedal freeplay.
The power grip is meant for stock style flys right? You could even machine your stocker for it?
If your gonna get a billet fly, why not look into a whole clutch kit? I would also replace the pilot bearing, but they are fun to remove w/out the proper tools.(search)
Old 07-08-2005, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

From what I understand the RAM is good with a stock style or billet flywheel. I think the pilot will get replaced too. I'm having TSP do the install on it. I've read the horror stories of pilot bearing replcement.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:22 PM
12 Second Club

I did mine. The bearing is fast to remove as long as you got the right tool. took like 10 seconds literally. I used the Ram Powergrip with the stock flywheel. If your going with the HD then they recommend the billet fly.