Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal sticking

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 10:17 AM
PR Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch pedal sticking

I did a search and found guys were having trouble with the clutch sticking to the floor after a clutch install. I am still on the stock clutch and yesterday out of no where the pedal stuck to the floor. I had to use my foot to bring it back up and could only press the pedal in just a tad to engage through the gears. If I press the pedal half way or to the floor it would get stuck. I have been holding off on getting a new clutch and just wanted to see if this occured because the clutch finally gave out or if its something else.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deech
I did a search and found guys were having trouble with the clutch sticking to the floor after a clutch install. I am still on the stock clutch and yesterday out of no where the pedal stuck to the floor. I had to use my foot to bring it back up and could only press the pedal in just a tad to engage through the gears. If I press the pedal half way or to the floor it would get stuck. I have been holding off on getting a new clutch and just wanted to see if this occured because the clutch finally gave out or if its something else.
If you can drive it, I would guess it's the master or slave cylinder (hydraulics). The hydraulics on these car's are known to have problems. I've had the same thing happen, and I'm looking into new hydraulics and a clutch to be safe for when I get sticky tires.