Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch suddenly won't fully disengage

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch suddenly won't fully disengage

I went for a 45 minute drive, and at the end did a launch but slipped the clutch a bit. There was no burning clutch smell, but shifting into every gear is now difficult. I'm pretty certain the clutch is in good shape (just a guess though, it is brand new). From what I can tell I now have some air in the system and the car will shudder when shifted into gear with the clutch in and not moving indicating that the (new)slave isn't fully disengaging the clutch.
I'm going to gravity bleed the system (I tried pulling air from the clutch master reservoir with my MityVac with no luck, but it has never worked for me).

Any ideas how this air got introduced to the system, if that is indeed the problem?

Thanks
Ben
Old 07-08-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fixed- from what I've read the clutch fluid got hot and boiled and air got in the line. I did a gravity bleed (easiest/cheapest way to bleed) and everything is back in good order.

I have stainless clutch lines with heat shield sleeving on them, so I'm guessing the heat came from the flywheel. This will certainly keep me from getting ANY ideas about slipping the clutch other than from a dead stop.

Ben

Quick Reply: Clutch suddenly won't fully disengage