Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed RAM PG...gear problem, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed RAM PG...gear problem, HELP!

Well I finally got around to finishing up my install this morning, but now the gears are a lil rough to get into...it also will not go into 5th or reverse. Did I not bleed it enough? I bled it through the slave and repeated the process 5 times. Do I also have to mess with the master?

FYI - I installed the RAM Powergrip and resurfaced the zo6 flywheel. I also installed a new slave cylinder/throw out bearing...master was left alone.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 07-10-2005, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

Did you add a shim. Sometimes they recommend that you add a shim if your gonna use a resurfaced flywheel. I didn't on mine but its not a Z06. Dunno how thick that is. I would try bleeding it more then order the shim. 15 bucks from TSP or something like that.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just gravity bled it some and ran it again...it hit all gears but scratched here and there...so I am going to gravity bleed it one more time. If it scratches any, then I am going to borrow a friends Mityvac. I dont think it was necessary to use a shim since the flywheel was just resurfaced right at .015...

I'll keep you guys updated!