Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch recommendations for 600rwhp street car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch recommendations for 600rwhp street car?

Stock clutch it absolutely fried. Did it a couple days ago easing into first gear. Once I hit full boost I had no more traction, and the tires weren't spinning this time .

I'm shooting for 500-600 rwhp once I get the car final tuned. I've debated with myself ad nauseum about which clutch to get. Now I just need some recommendations.

Some important questions I have are:

1) Can I resurface the stock flywheel since this is the first afermarket clutch I'm putting in? I think I read somewhere that it can only be resurfaced up to 0.012".

2) Do I need an adjustable master?

3) Drill mod yay or nay?

4) SPEC stg 4, 5, Ram Powergrip HD, or McLeod Street Twin?

Thing is, I don't have 1500 to spend on a clutch, so a nice balance of price and performance is important to me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from my gurues with clutches
1-yes it can be resurfaced i only had to take .005'' off
2-not really, at least i had better luck without it
3-drill mod seemed a little better with engauging-disengauging, but on my next set-up(tex) clutch i'm trying it before this mod
4-**** spec, and twin disc in my opinion. tex clutch is rated for over 1000rwhp and easy engaugment on the street. if you like spec, trust me don't go with anything higher than stage 3. which is rated over 500rwhp
Old 07-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

RAM VDS with the 910 disk, thats what im using for a dialy driver to/from work/school. Even though i only make 430 N/A, with a rear and a 150 shot it holds up real nice.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses so far guys, good stuff. Have hard good things about the textralia, but where do I pick one up from? I haven't seen one for sale from any of the high profile vendors... How much do they go for?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EightBallWS6
Thanks for the responses so far guys, good stuff. Have hard good things about the textralia, but where do I pick one up from? I haven't seen one for sale from any of the high profile vendors... How much do they go for?
talk to andy at A&A corvette..i just received mine..cant wait to install it....hopefully it will perform as advertised...sponsor-------------------->