Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

4500 Miles and my clutch is gone?? Or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4500 Miles and my clutch is gone?? Or something else?

I have a Spec stage 3 Clutch, aftermarket flywheel, and hydrolics. My clutch was grabbing real need the top and started to slip at the "bottom" end of the gear, like under 3500RPM but would hold if i gave it gas above that. Now this to me didnt really seem like a clutch cause it was sticking in the top of the gear so i thought the only thing i hadn't changed when the clutch was done was the Master Cylinder. So i called furtual and they got me one asap. put it in today, tried adjusting all the way both ways and sitll the same. Floor it at under 3500-4000rpm SLIP to the roof. Floor it above and it grabs like a champ. I did notice a tad bit of fluid leaking out the tail section of my tranny but i dont think that would cause a clutch to slip. Seriously i have only 4500 miles on this clutch, only make 361RWHP, don't shift hard often, never taken it to the track or launched it hard. What do you guys think could be going wrong or suggestions to fix this?? If i have to order another clutch i will but i really don't want to do that. If i do have to do that what would you guys recommend cause im sure the shop (which now has a bad rep in my area) or spec won't replace this one for free. Cause i sure won't be ordering another spec if it is indeed the clutch. I had a single disk McLeod in my old car and it grabbed great but was a bit extreme for street driving. This really sucks because I just got an X1 Cam and a TNT nitrous kit for the car i was planning on installing this weekend.