Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Who's everyone using for built T56's and HD clutches these days?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who's everyone using for built T56's and HD clutches these days?

I may be getting a T56 car soon and I have no faith in the stock T56 what-so-ever(don't ask...bad experience). I'd like to get a T56 capable of about 500 RWHP, 500 RWTQ and a clutch to match.

Who's everyone using these days and wht's everything run $$ wise?

I've heard good things about Liberty so that was my first thought, and as far as clutches I have no freakin idea...it seems like every "good" clutch has very mixed reviews here.

Please only post if you have the setup and have had it for a while. If you only have a few thousand miles on your setup I can't really gauge the quality of it. Everyone always says "my setup is excellent, i have 5,000 miles on it and no problems!" I think almost any trans will take that...I want something that'll last reliably for daily use but be enough for a beat-down at the track here and there(my car won't be beat on every day).
Old 10-28-2007, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

I picked up a T56 from Rodney at RPM transmissions about 3 1/2 years ago. 4 clutches, 2 slaves and at least 150 passes it still drives great on the street and handles the abuse at the track.
Current clutch- SPEC 3+

That help?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Launching!

I've been wondering the same damn thing!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most of the problems with high dollar clutches on here are due to driver error and improper installation, or a mis-match of parts.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shadowhawk00
I may be getting a T56 car soon and I have no faith in the stock T56 what-so-ever(don't ask...bad experience). I'd like to get a T56 capable of about 500 RWHP, 500 RWTQ and a clutch to match.

Who's everyone using these days and wht's everything run $$ wise?

I've heard good things about Liberty so that was my first thought, and as far as clutches I have no freakin idea...it seems like every "good" clutch has very mixed reviews here.

Please only post if you have the setup and have had it for a while. If you only have a few thousand miles on your setup I can't really gauge the quality of it. Everyone always says "my setup is excellent, i have 5,000 miles on it and no problems!" I think almost any trans will take that...I want something that'll last reliably for daily use but be enough for a beat-down at the track here and there(my car won't be beat on every day).
I realize this is a little old, but why not check out one of if not the best t-56 rebuilt shop around and also a sponsor. Sixspeedsinc is proble the best known company around for this. You can get a 700 hp tranny with 1 yr warranty from the day you put it in and run about $1200-$1500. Only reason I'm referring is I just personally had them rebuild my t-56. You can find rebuild packages and even by separate parts to rebuild it yourself if you want. Also if you have any questions on rebuilding or problems give amber a call and i promise youll get ur answer. I had my tranny shipped in 3 business days, torn down and rebuilt in 2 days and sent back again in 3 business days. From personal experience I will say customer satisfaction guaranteed.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

Stock T56's are very good for what they are designed for . Once you start modding the cars and upgrading the clutch , you start running into issues . Once you get it rebuilt by someone or a shop that knows what they are doing and you put a good quality shifter on the car , you should be fine .