Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

For anyone having soft pedal with Textralia

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For anyone having soft pedal with Textralia

PURPOSE OF THIS POST: To help those with soft pedal problems

Fist of all, this is an excellent bench bleeding method, it will get your pedal solid:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/buschm...utchbleed.html

Props to Buschman!

Now, if you have a soft pedal and/or early engagement, read on:

I have been on this for the past 3 days now bleeding and bleeding and on and on...so hopefully this will help some people that are installing this clutch.
My problem was that the engagement was RIGHT OFF THE FLOOR and the pedal was mushy up top.

Now for some people, they have had no problems, but I have also seen a number of people having soft pedal problems (yes including me).

This was with a brand new stock mc too! And I did bench bleed it and got all the air out with the MityVac. I am a damn MityVac pro now

SOLUTION: All I did was bench bleed my Mcleod (which I already had in the car before swapping out to the stocker) and put it back into the car. Hooked it up and voila, stiff pedal pressure all the way from top to bottom and engagement wherever I want it to be. At first engagement was too high (I was amazed). So I adjusted it down a few times until I got it to where I wanted, about right in the middle.

I am not exactly sure why some people get theirs to work and others do not. Maybe my stock master cylinder is bad (but I doubt it, because with it disconnected, if you push on the rod, it is rock solid, indicating no leaks.

So for those that simply cannot get their setup to work right because of soft pedal/early engagement, think about getting an adjustable master cylinder!
Otherwise no

And btw Textralia does not recommend shimming so that was not the problem
Old 07-27-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Excellent information Ssnakekiller. I'll keep this in mind if I have any WOT shifting issues.