Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia installed!!10 miles and counting...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Textralia installed!!10 miles and counting...

done last night thanx to a couple of friends...

my first impression of this clutch so far is a great one....clutch seems to grab very nicely and has virtually no chatter what so ever. my engagement point right now is about 2 inches off the ground...i did not shimm the slave...hopefully with some break in mileage and bleeding it will come up a little, but i like it where its at now.

one thing i found unusual is the clutch disc itself looks identical to the one that came in my spec 3...im hopin the same thing doesnt happen though.

in conclusion...so far so good..install went smoothly and the clutch feels great...ill keep an update of prgression as mielage goes and track times later..
Old 08-08-2005, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

this clutch is getting better and better each time i drive it...up to 400miles and it feels great...engagement point has come up slightly and ive yet to bleed the system since i installed it. very happy thus far with the clutch...real test comes next week when i have the mileage on it...time to make a few runs.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWINTURBORAMAIR
this clutch is getting better and better each time i drive it...up to 400miles and it feels great...engagement point has come up slightly and ive yet to bleed the system since i installed it. very happy thus far with the clutch...real test comes next week when i have the mileage on it...time to make a few runs.
awesome, keep us updated...right now, im deciding between this clutch and the mcloud single or duel...let us know how it goes..

Jon
Old 08-08-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

How much are these clutches retailing for and where can I find one? My stock one is on its last leg
Old 08-08-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, good luck
When are you and The Harris peeps going to York next time? I wanna go.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSlowLS1
How much are these clutches retailing for and where can I find one? My stock one is on its last leg
I got mine from Andy@ A&A board sponsor---------->
all in all total your lookin about $950.00 bucks complete..clutch/flywheel/pressure plate...pilot bearing and a new slave.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DTYSON
Cool, good luck
When are you and The Harris peeps going to York next time? I wanna go.
not really sure yet...we have to talk to the guys up there in York and organize something...we want to get out there before the summer is over...Matt is hesitating cause hes tryin to get his car together...but we'll see...ill defenitly hit you up when we do though.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

not really sure yet...we have to talk to the guys up there in York and organize something...we want to get out there before the summer is over...Matt is hesitating cause hes tryin to get his car together...but we'll see...ill defenitly hit you up when we do though.
ok, cool