Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

01 Slave same thing as 99 Slave

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Slave same thing as 99 Slave

I have read on this forum that for a 99 Camaro you should buy a 01 slave due to a difference in technology (it was built differently) -- but after further investigation, I have found that a 99 slave and 01 slave have the exact same part number. Maybe they entirely did with what usto be a 99 slave. I am ordering a 99 Master Cylinder which comes with the appropriate 99 Slave, and when you look up 01 Master Cylinder which comes with the appropriate 01 Slave, it is the exact same part number. Anyone know any further information as to why I am suppose to upgrade to an 01 Slave, yet it having the same part number, meaning its the same thing??
Old 08-04-2005, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BR1060
I have read on this forum that for a 99 Camaro you should buy a 01 slave due to a difference in technology (it was built differently) -- but after further investigation, I have found that a 99 slave and 01 slave have the exact same part number. Maybe they entirely did with what usto be a 99 slave. I am ordering a 99 Master Cylinder which comes with the appropriate 99 Slave, and when you look up 01 Master Cylinder which comes with the appropriate 01 Slave, it is the exact same part number. Anyone know any further information as to why I am suppose to upgrade to an 01 Slave, yet it having the same part number, meaning its the same thing??
You can't get the old slave anymore, it has changed to the new one...that's why they have the same Part #