Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch??? or is it??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch??? or is it??

ok ive researched and investigated but i still havent decided what i need to do to fix my problems, which are:
_ clutch sticks to floor, need to pull it up with foot
_ clutch slipping going in and out gears
_ clutch grinds on certain gears

-- what do i need to do to fix these problems?? im pretty sure that the clutch is still stock so i was thinking to go with spec stage 2/3 clutch($350/ 375ish) and new slave cylinder($70ish). is this what i should do or is there somthing else i can do to fix these problems without spendinng all the money??? or do i need to spend even more money that anticipated??

-input is greatly appreciated thnx

Old 08-07-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

get upgraded hydrolics, and a spec 3 and billet flywheel and you should be good to go.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Teching In

should i go ahead and buy a new slave and master?? and now im concerned about buying the spec stage 3 , havent heard too many good things about it all i read is negative... should i go with the textrilla?? and do i really need a new flywheel or can i just resurface the stock one???/ soo many ques but if someone could help me id be thankful......

Last edited by rice-eatin TA; 08-08-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:21 AM
Teching In

yes , go ahead and upgrade hydralics (slavecylinder, master is optional). Don't forget to change the pilotbushing into a needle bearing and grease it with high temp grease. Also you need a throwout bearing but it usually comes with the new slave cylinder. The flywheel is just to resurface if its not too schorched by heat (like having deep dimples in it, then you should perhaps rethink).
the stage 3 clutch is kinda for people who races but wants to be able to drive on the street (I think), if your not a guy that races or do not plan heavy engine mods, settle with a 1 or stage 2, whichever is better than stock anyways. I read your other thread about clutch sticking to floor etc and its a common issue with the old hydralics. But the grinding of gears could be your synchros going out. Though I had the same problem, all issues with grinding stopped after changing hydralics and clutch.
When you remove the trans, be sure to support the back of the engine, some people have broken off their intake ducts due to engine tilting too much.

hope this helps a little.
//Dan
Old 08-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Teching In

thnx man im gonna go ahead and drain the fluid before i do anything and refill with dot3,
if nothing better happens i wanna do the drill mod
nd if that doesnt help than im prob gonna go new clutch prob stage 2 spec and new slave nd prob resurface flywheel nd do other minors while im at it...
ill post wut happens soon as i do it....

Last edited by rice-eatin TA; 08-09-2005 at 05:42 AM.

Quick Reply: new clutch??? or is it??