Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help asap

so i was driving my car today, and i thought my clutch has been going bad, but anyway today i was driving and i went to shift to 3rd and it grinded real bad going into it...then shifted into 4th and it grinded again....so is it the clutch thats going or the syncros?

if syncros how much does that cost and is there anyhthing special i should look into getting?
Old 08-14-2005, 09:54 PM
10 Second Moderator

Originally Posted by wssexorz
so i was driving my car today, and i thought my clutch has been going bad, but anyway today i was driving and i went to shift to 3rd and it grinded real bad going into it...then shifted into 4th and it grinded again....so is it the clutch thats going or the syncros?

if syncros how much does that cost and is there anyhthing special i should look into getting?
Seems to me if the clutch was bad, disengagement would not be a problem and it sounds like your clutch is not fully disengaged and thats why its grinding. My guess is its a hydraulic throwout problem. Good luck, Tom
Old 08-15-2005, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

i dont think its the clutch because i had it in all the way and it was still grinding...how much does a used T56 cost about?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

would getting a rebuilt t56 in my car be a good idea?