Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

So while I'm in there...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default So while I'm in there...

I have a 2000 M6 car I take to the track every thurs nite, and also daily drive to work in heavy traffic every day.

The clutch slips bad at the track (surprise). Not only on the launch but shifting through the gears too.

I have bled the clutch and performed the drill mod, it did not help my situation.

I am pretty set on getting a spec stage 2 clutch, turning the stock flywheel, upgrading to an 01-02 slave. Do I need the 01-02 master too or is it just the slave that changed through the years?

Was also wondering if I should take it apart and replace the shift forks too.

When downshifting easily while slowing down (going into third, or 1st very gently), the transmission will often fling the shifter back into my hand making a horrible grinding noise. Also sometimes during normal driving it does this on the 2-3 shift...is that a bad fork, or just the hydraulic lines/slave not doing their job?

I just want to cover all the bases, only want to do this once.

Thanks for any info.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Youe need to upgrade the slave and the master on pre 01-02 cars. Sounds like your shift fork is bent or broke. Get steel. Mine did the same **** Got all my parts for it here www.thegearbox.org Went with viper internals. If you go the track that much go with a stage 3 or a 3 F. I would drive it too much with the clutch slipping. Youll end up warping the flywheel.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:11 AM
TECH Addict

kelly, i would go with the RAM setup. i had the spec 3 and the ram is far better!!! you could do the master if you really wanna go through that again or just leave it as it. I did.

jm, (its joe right?) did you do the tranny yourself?
Old 08-16-2005, 03:28 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
kelly, i would go with the RAM setup. i had the spec 3 and the ram is far better!!! you could do the master if you really wanna go through that again or just leave it as it. I did.

jm, (its joe right?) did you do the tranny yourself?
A friend of mine did it. He showed me step by step.