Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Pedal stick after the drill mod?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Pedal stick after the drill mod?????

I have a problem wanted to see if anyone has anymore ideas. I have a 99 trans am with upgraded to 02 slave and everything else. I have a Z06 clutch 10,000 miles on it. I started by cleaning everything. As I checked the clutch resovoir black and all gumpy. Cleaned it all out rebled the clutch with new clean fluid didn't work. Still pedal sticking. So then I insulated the hose and then did the drill mod and rebled everything again and still pedal sticks when you get on it going from 2nd to third. Any Ideas guys??????????????????????????
Old 08-17-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
I have a problem wanted to see if anyone has anymore ideas. I have a 99 trans am with upgraded to 02 slave and everything else. I have a Z06 clutch 10,000 miles on it. I started by cleaning everything. As I checked the clutch resovoir black and all gumpy. Cleaned it all out rebled the clutch with new clean fluid didn't work. Still pedal sticking. So then I insulated the hose and then did the drill mod and rebled everything again and still pedal sticks when you get on it going from 2nd to third. Any Ideas guys??????????????????????????
Try the mighty vac method...must not be bled well enough yet.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By "pedal sticks", you mean that it doesn't come up off of the floor?

How did you bleed it? pump(x18)/hold/crack bleeder/close bleeder/release pedal-pull off floor? That should work. If you didn't crack/close and then release afterwards, that would be the problem.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal stick after the drill mod?????