Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation New clutch???

Alright, after bragging on my spec III, It finally started slipping after 40,000+ miles. I would like another strong clutch, but I would like more of a stock pedal feel. The spec had a little too much pressure for me. Any suggestions?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

I've got a Centerforce Dual friction . grabs like hell and still has the stock feel to it
Old 08-21-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Prin
Alright, after bragging on my spec III, It finally started slipping after 40,000+ miles. I would like another strong clutch, but I would like more of a stock pedal feel. The spec had a little too much pressure for me. Any suggestions?
im looking into a new clutch as well...my cars stock minus airlid and i was wondering thing same thing.id like a close to stock feel but a little tougher, doesnt have to be super aggressive. does the z06 clutch work well? the car isnt a daily driver. and every once in awhile ill get on it, but not often. its just in the 3 races i ran in one night. by the time the 3rd race came along, the clutch was slippin bad. would you guys still recommend the centerforce?
Old 08-21-2005, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Z06 clutch = bad for health, The one that had installed lasted about 2,000 miles, when I put my spec III in, the Z06 clutch was all burned up, like someone took a torch to it. It slipped, and the pedal got stuck on the floor, not a fun experience.