Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Buying clutch very soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buying clutch very soon

I have a 99 WS6 and am replacing the clutch pretty soon. I planned on getting the Ram Power Grip stage 3. Is this over kill for my car...I dont want ANY chatter at all. Now I only have a cat back and lid. Soon I may get headers and pulley. I am going to order very soon and want to get the best clutch for my set up. BTW I am also going to replace the slave (01+) and do the drill mod to help out the hydros a little.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Any help would be appreciated...I am ordering very soon and would like to get some input b4 I do so
Old 08-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Launching!

it may be little too overkill for you but textralia would be great clutch for you. if you don't wanna spend the money just get you zo6 clutch. they work great with my friends car puts down 423rwhp and on 315 nitto DR. still holding up good.

i know for sure zo6 will not chatter at all, textralia will chatter little when break in after that is fine
Old 08-25-2005, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lsp408
it may be little too overkill for you but textralia would be great clutch for you. if you don't wanna spend the money just get you zo6 clutch. they work great with my friends car puts down 423rwhp and on 315 nitto DR. still holding up good.

i know for sure zo6 will not chatter at all, textralia will chatter little when break in after that is fine

I am thinking about Z06 clutch, 01+ slave and drill mod. I hear up to low 400 RWHP that setup should hold up pretty good. And I get a new flywheel with the kit. What does anyelse think about that setup?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You should invest in a good aftermarket clutch. The Z06 clutch is great as a stock clutch, but doesnt give you too much room for modding. With headers and a pulley you will definitely see decreased clutch life. I am relatively stock myself, and my Z06 doesnt grip so well on a launch anywhere above 3.5k rpms. My tires bite too hard, and the clutch doesnt hold well under those conditions.... but then again its got 40k miles on it. Im not sure how much of that is hard driving either....

If you do a search on the Z06 clutch, there are a few posts out there about Headers/Catback/Lid type guys who replaced their stocker with z06 clutches, only to have to do it again a year later.

If you go with a Ram, or a Spec you wont be sorry. I think a Spec 3 would be perfect for you.

If you can hold out for a while, there are some people on the forum trying to figure out what it will take to get the LS7 clutch on our cars.....