Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch sticking to floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch sticking to floor

In the last couple of weeks I've had the clutch pedal stick to the floor. Its only done it in the morning when the car is cold. I go to back out of my garage and clutch gets stuck at the floor... I then can't shift to any gear after i get it in to neutral.... After I leave the engine running for a few minutes then turn the car off then on,,,, it will start working slowly getting some clutch pedal pressure back up.

When it intially got stuck I checked the reservoir and it was a little low,,, not near empty,,, maybe a bit more than half full... I refilled, and haven't noticed any leaking or low reservoir since.

Pedal always feels a bit weird and squishy now even when it works,,, when it doesn't you push it in and there is no resistance until its almost to the floor than it has normal resistance for 1 inch or so...

Is everyone pretty sure that the master/slave cyl. is the prob? The whole problem started about a week after I burnt the clutch pretty bad at a stop light,,, and that was really the first time I ever had burnt clutch smell.
Think its a clutch problem?

How hard is it to change the equipment? How much would a dealer charge?

Is this what I need to change?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 08-30-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ruminson
In the last couple of weeks I've had the clutch pedal stick to the floor. Its only done it in the morning when the car is cold. I go to back out of my garage and clutch gets stuck at the floor... I then can't shift to any gear after i get it in to neutral.... After I leave the engine running for a few minutes then turn the car off then on,,,, it will start working slowly getting some clutch pedal pressure back up.

When it intially got stuck I checked the reservoir and it was a little low,,, not near empty,,, maybe a bit more than half full... I refilled, and haven't noticed any leaking or low reservoir since.

Pedal always feels a bit weird and squishy now even when it works,,, when it doesn't you push it in and there is no resistance until its almost to the floor than it has normal resistance for 1 inch or so...

Is everyone pretty sure that the master/slave cyl. is the prob? The whole problem started about a week after I burnt the clutch pretty bad at a stop light,,, and that was really the first time I ever had burnt clutch smell.
Think its a clutch problem?

How hard is it to change the equipment? How much would a dealer charge?

Is this what I need to change?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I am having exactly the same problem. I look at the master and the lines and can see no evidence of leakage. I'm guessing it is the slave cylinder leaking. I have had the problem a little more often. I guess I am going to have to pully the tranny out and replace the slave.

Anyone else?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

I had that problem, I replaced the master and clutch, b/c they both seemed to be toast, and that fixed the problem.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GuesDog
I had that problem, I replaced the master and clutch, b/c they both seemed to be toast, and that fixed the problem.

Might as well do the slave while you are there.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been having this problem occaisonally even with new LS6 master/slave cylinder and throwout bearing.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

I'm having the same problem and want to get it fixed very soon for I am selling the car. I'd like to do it once and without a lot of expensive. If anyone knows the minimum amount of parts needed please post.

Thanks,
Andrew

Quick Reply: Clutch sticking to floor