Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Disengagement problem? Oppinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Disengagement problem? Oppinions needed

Hello, When i 1st installed my textralia clutch and had the car on jackstands, i went to test it out after bleeding it. Started the car, pushed the peddal in, and put it in 1st. The wierd thing is the rear wheels turned slightly going into 1st. Once it was fully into 1st the wheels stoped. Am i having enguagement issues? It has new everything; master(with drill mod) and slave. Do i need an adjustable master? or maybe shim the slave? I was under the impression that i didnt have to do that with the textralia clutch. Any help is greatly appreciated. I dont want to burn up the clutch... thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the car is in neutral with the clutch pedal out, then you quickly press in the pedal and put it in gear, the tires will move slightly because the input shaft of the tranny is still spinning. If you push in the clutch and wait a few seconds the friction in the tranny will stop the input shaft from spinning so when you put it in gear the tires won't rotate. If the clutch was not disengaging completely then the tires would spin with the car in gear and the clutch depressed. As you continue to bleed the system, the clutch will disangage more and more and the pedal engagement point will move up.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The enguagement point is about 1/2 way through the pedal travel. Just FYI my tranny is toast, im getting it rebuilt. Think that might have anything to do with it? Thanks Mike