Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Disengage Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Disengage Problems

Recently my Spec 3 clutch went out. I was using the stock master and slave cylinder but a brand new Spec Flywheel. It would go into gears just fine but it wouldnt grab so I knew it was the clutch. I purchashed a RAM Power Grip HD. I had the Spec Flywheel resurfaced and stayed with the stock master and slave cylinder because I had no problems using it with the Spec 3. After the installation we bleed the system once and the clutch still felt a little spongy so we bleed it again and still felt spongy. The clutch doesnt get stiff until its almost to the floor. When the car is off I have no problems shifting into all the gears but once the car is on it wont go into any of the gears. The only way it will go into gears is if I keep pumping the clutch pedal quite a bit of times but even at that its still hard to put into gear, once its in gear and I put it back in neutral it wont go back into gears until I pump the clutch pedal again. Anybody know what it might be?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leak in the hydraulic system somewhere? May be letting air in.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes it can be a real hassle trying to get all the air out, but it certainly sounds like you still have air in yours. Bob

Quick Reply: Clutch Disengage Problems