Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Face plate engagement???????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:22 PM
10 Second Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Liberty gear Face plate engagement???????????

Hello, The question of the day (I've done a search but its too new a set-up) How does Face plate engagement work and are there any out there yet? My tranny is at Liberty to get proshifted and they asked me about face plating it.

Two things to consider: Proshifting my gears costs about $300 and Face plating cost is $$$700$$$ woah-yea. They say face plating it will allow downshifting on the street and I will be driving it on the street but dont want to spend that kinda money for something that has not proven its self yet. Should I save up for it or just Proshift it and stop at every turn???

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated, Tom

Last edited by Torkman15; 09-08-2005 at 09:50 PM. Reason: No knowledge here.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:02 AM
10 Second Moderator

Hello Hello is this thing turned on.......
Old 09-09-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is face plate on a gearset similar to a motorcycle trans with dogs and slot receivers?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:54 PM
wrencher

I have yet to talk to them about it yet, but plan on building one of my spares into one of these set ups. Dont know if they sell the parts outright yet though? That set-up has proven itself, just the t-56 set-up is new.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:21 PM
10 Second Moderator

Originally Posted by wrencher
I have yet to talk to them about it yet, but plan on building one of my spares into one of these set ups. Dont know if they sell the parts outright yet though? That set-up has proven itself, just the t-56 set-up is new.
I talked to Paul at Liberty today and he said they had done 2 Viper T-56s and they will be roadcourse tested Monday and Tuesday by DiamlerChrysler and wed they will tear em apart and mag check the gears and maybe start my T-56 with the faceplating mod. I'm hoping things come together OK. I'll be test thrashing this thing before the snow flys...

Quick Reply: Face plate engagement???????????