Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

About to install a new clutch set.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to install a new clutch set.

My slave is leaking so I am replacing it as well as the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, Throwout Bearing and pilot bearing. I have a couple of questions.

What do you use to keep the flywheel from rotating when torquing down the bolts? I will use my impact to get them off, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Does the factory pilot bearing have rollers or is it just the new one in the kit?

After doing the drill mod, benchbleeding everything, installing everything, and it is now time for a final bleed. Do I just stick the mityvac in the resivoir and pump out all the air? Some of the stuff I have found seems a little confusing.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2005, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody?
Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
My slave is leaking so I am replacing it as well as the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, Throwout Bearing and pilot bearing. I have a couple of questions.

What do you use to keep the flywheel from rotating when torquing down the bolts? I will use my impact to get them off, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Does the factory pilot bearing have rollers or is it just the new one in the kit?

After doing the drill mod, benchbleeding everything, installing everything, and it is now time for a final bleed. Do I just stick the mityvac in the resivoir and pump out all the air? Some of the stuff I have found seems a little confusing.

Thanks
I put a breaker bar on the crank pully bolt, and rotated it until the bar hit a point on the chasis, and that did the job keeping the flywheel still for me.

The factory pilot has rollers in it too.

When it was all buttoned up, I stuck the mityvac in the resevoir and pulled about 20", and did this for about a half hour. I then drove the car for each of the next 3 days, and repeated each day. Then repeated once more about a week later for good measure. Everytime I'd get a couple more bubbles out, not many, but I figure working the clutch while driving probably dislodges them.