Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

opinons on the mcleod twin disk and the tex clutchs

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default opinons on the mcleod twin disk and the tex clutchs

Just like the title says. I have read almost all the post on both of these clutches and still not sure which to go with. I see the mcleod that was just posted for sale and I am leaning toward that but is there any down sides to that clutch? I haveing really heard anything bad about them.

Also I here alot of good about the TEX clutch but what are the true limits of this clutch?

Which would last longer and would eather be rebuildable? could I just buy a new disk(s) and be good to go if they wore out? I want to make around 550 to 600rwhp and then spray it on top of that with a good size hit. and would like something that can take that kind of power.

I've looked into other transmissions and even thought of going auto but I really want to stay with the t56. I know what I need to do to make it live or try to live behind it but thats beside the point I need to find a clutch that will work first. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love the mcleod however they are the absolute hardest people to get ahold of. if u plan on doing it urself and may require customer assistance stay away from them. they guys over at tex give u their cell phone number--u cant ask for more than that.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am still looking at both, What would I need help with on this clutch? What are some of the problems people have when they get it? I have heard the good things about the tech at TEX but good customer service doesnt mean its the best clutch for my needs. Both are expensive and I only want to buy one. Thanks for your input.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i know i battled mine for over a month as it wouldnt disengage. turns out all the fingers on my pressure plate where not the same height and i needed to shim it which mcleod said i wouldnt need to do.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok that could be a problem. Thanks