Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stock M6 tranny mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock M6 tranny mount

I have searched everywhere trying to find the part number for the 98-02 tranny mount. I have the poly mount in the car right now but it has become to damn noisy to stand now. Tranny mount is cheaper than the aluminum driveshaft that I swear is made out of freaking gold or something with the price of them things that the weak *** rubber mount will quite it down alot. Can anyone get me the p/n or have a few used ones in good shape lying around that they don't need anymore that i could pawn off them.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2005, 07:23 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If it's the energy suspension piece, grind down the the bumps before going rubber.

details here
Old 09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

keep the poly one. You will regret keeping the rubber one in. They break too easily.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

I know they break easily but I have to drive 80 miles to and from work and the noise is getting very annoying. You say grind down the bump stops is that supposed to set my pinion angle back down right. I am getting alot of pops and creaks under the car and rattles that happened with the poly mount. I will check into grinding the bumps down but can I get a p/n and general price just in case i decide to go that route.

Quick Reply: Stock M6 tranny mount