Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My textralia instructions got torn.. how to install clutch balanced?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 03:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My textralia instructions got torn.. how to install clutch balanced?

Hi i received my textralia clutch with steel billet flywheel a few weeks ago and the info sheet that came with the clutch was nearly torn to shreds during shipping. What is the proper way to install to install the clutch so that it's balanced? I have the number 8 on both the P/P and flywheel. Do i try to get these as close as possible? Directly across from each other?

Another question: What is the best way to clean the flywheel and P/P right before i bolt everything up? Brake cleaner? Any special rags?

Greg
Old 10-07-2005, 04:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Greg,

Send me a pm with your email addy and I'll send you a PDF copy of the instruction sheet.

Brake Cleaner and a lint free rag will do.

Pete
Old 10-07-2005, 09:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default aussie clutch

Hi Greg....did you get the pdf from Pete?
the numbers are not for installing....look at the edge of the pp and flywheel and you will see the 4 machinest punch marks...line those up ..not the marker numbers.
Regards Jeff
Old 10-07-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't need the instructions since i have an F body. Thanks for the replies.

Greg
Old 10-11-2005, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to interject but I have 2 questions. On the install sheet it says for corvetts only: replace the stock hardline with the braided line. Then it mentions that you should line up the machinest punches. On mine we looked it over and I don't remeber any machinest punches. But in another thread you said that the PP was dowled in such away that it is impossible to attach the PP to the flywheel wrong. This is for an fbody.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by kidkl
Sorry to interject but I have 2 questions. On the install sheet it says for corvetts only: replace the stock hardline with the braided line. Then it mentions that you should line up the machinest punches. On mine we looked it over and I don't remeber any machinest punches. But in another thread you said that the PP was dowled in such away that it is impossible to attach the PP to the flywheel wrong. This is for an fbody.
If you have a vette you must replace both lines,but since you have an f body use the slave as it comes. On the OEM flywheel it has 2 dowels,and can go on in only one direction,and impossible to be lined up wrong.
The steel billett has three dowels,and the pp and flywheel have machinest marks on each edge. The machinest marks are to be lined up to each other.

Regards Jeff

Last edited by Textralia; 10-11-2005 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-11-2005, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

I really didn't have instructions with my kit and I proceeded with the install, now I don't remember lining up the machinist marks! What kind of symptoms would I have with them not lined up? I had a vibration coming from the engine at around 1500rpm couldn't figure it out, before I r/r the clutch and I still have it! Is that a symptom of an inbalanced flywheel/clutch set-up? I had the original clutch previously with 70k, is it possible that it was out of balance? It's a engine vibration at around 1500rpm and then goes away! I'll post a new thread maybe someone's experienced it before!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Ditto, here I have the steel Billett and an fbody I dont remeber seeing any sort of machinest marks. Argh looks like its time to drop a tranny and make sure that shiznit is lined up. With the poly tranny mount it vibrated pretty good with the stock pp&flywheel but now Im concerned. IT really gets going in the upper RPMS luckily I've been keeping it in the lower rpms alot lately now its just time to be ever so much more vigilant.

Just one suggest on the instruction sheet. It would be a good Idea to put the part about lineing the machinest marks up at the top of the page not after the corvettes only. That basically made me think that that procedure was for corvettes only and not fbodys as well.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I maked my flywheel and PP with a sharpie before taking them apart when I was taking them out of the box. I didnt pay attention to any machinist marks.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

I wish I could say that I mine where shipped together. But the pressure plate and the flywheel were not assembled, they where in their own styrofoam section in the same box.