Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

shifting problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shifting problem

When ever I get on it hard from first to second gear my shifter doesn't fully engage the gear and of course I scratch it and its embarrasing. The problem started a few months ago. It is a 2000 Z-28 with a M-6. B&M ripper. tranny fluid was changed in the spring. If I recall thats the reason I changed the fluid in it. Any ideas would really help me out. I do plan to up grade to the Z-06 clutch kit and change the slave cylinder soon. thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Hmm.. not sure about an answer, sounds like the linkage or your B&M shifter is off.. Check to make sure that you adjusted the screws on both sides of the B&M accordingly. I owned a B&M and hated it, now I have a Pro 50 -- and it is truely awesome. I also know that you will spend a lot of money on a Z-06 clutch and from what I hear its a waste. If you are spending that kinda money go with Spec/Centerforce or RAM, but Spec will only work with upgraded master/slave and drill mod (found this out the hard way) I now have a Centerforce and love it.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I'll try to adjust the linkage on the shifter and take from there. As far as cluthes I have friends who tell me it's great so now I'm puzzled. Hmmm....