Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stuck in 2nd, PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stuck in 2nd, PLEASE HELP!!!

I am posting for a friend, but almost know the car better than him, and I've never driven it. (not a true friend lol)

here's the story: he has a 2004 Z06, he bought it with 1,7xx miles about 3-4 months ago. He learned how to drive manual in that car, missed 3rd a few times, but who doesn't? He would drive it and it would throw it out of 2nd after the first month, but not every time, just often enough to know he wasn't at fault. when he would try to put it back in right away it would grind, you have to wait and then it won't grind. Then about a few days ago, you could put in 3rd and it would move side to side, about from 1st to 5th, left and right but didnt come out of third by moving it side to side. it would stay in gear and you could take it out by moving it in its normal direction. then 4th started doing it the same night, then all the gears would do it. then he power shifted for the first time on an empty street. then when he came to a stop and took of normal in 1st it got stuck in 2nd. now its stuck and won't come out.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a broken shift keys in most of the gears. To me it sounds like they are all broken and that is causing his problems. Time for a rebuild or warranty work.

Joe