Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Textralia Clutch

I just got mine yesterday and was wondering how I would know if I got a billet flywheel or a reguler oem replacement? Second question the instructions state that the "billet flywheel should be lined up with the machinest punch marks on the flange ofthe pressure plate with the punch marks located on the edge of the flywheel for proper balance". Does anyone have any pics showing me exactly how to line it up first time installing a clutch on ls1. I looked at the flywheel and observed three nipple looking things on one of the sides where do those go?? Sorry for all the stupid questions..
Old 10-19-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost forgot I bought my clutch from Byun's great customer service and quick delivery. Thanks again.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, first there are 4 machinest marks on the side of the PP and flywheel (4 dots) their pretty easy to find. The 3 "nipples" corrispond to 3 holes (I know the're alot of holes along the edge but just try test fitting it and it should make some sense) on the pressure plate. There are only 3 ways to put the PP and the flywheel together. So basically line up the 4 dots and then put the dowles through the corresponding holes and then tighten it down. Make sure you have the clutch in there first(the hub side faces the tranny/PP). Also when installing it in the car make sure that while tightening the PP bolts you can still move the alignment tool easily. The flywheel should be torqued to 74 ft/lbs and the pressure plate should be to 52ft/lbs.

I know this goes without saying but dont touch the friction matterial of the clutch. Also avoid touching the friction area of the PP and the flywheel. The oil from your hands can cause some issues. The numbers that you see on the PP and the Flywheel are just from when they were balanced and are only for making sure that everything stays together.

Last edited by kidkl; 10-23-2005 at 05:46 PM.